Ever happened that you visit a website and you had to wait while website pages are loading? It generally happens with us whenever we are surfing over the web. Isn’t it? But this is not the question. The major concern is that, do we prefer to re-visit a website which took a long time while loading? Of course not!
We must agree that the website which has a quicker loading of pages and displays instant results will definitely receive better customer engagement as compared to a slow website. And the reason is simple- everyone is so busy that they won’t wait for the pages to load, rather there are hundreds of similar websites on the internet so they’ll make a switch and would never turn back to your slow website.
Factors affecting the website performance
If you have a slow loading of website pages, what all possible reasons could be there? Ever given a thought or not? If not, it's time to work upon it and dive deeper about what factors are causing this problem. Is it due to heavy traffic on your website or due to some technical issues or there is something else?
No worries! We have answers to all your queries. Here is a list of the most important factors which are responsible for affecting your website performance. You must consider them and work upon it at the earliest.
- Connection Speed: No matter how appealing your website is, if you have a slow Internet speed, you simply can't expect results from customers. The type of Internet connection you use is going to affect the customer's experience on your website. So, you need to analyze if the Internet connection as suitable as per your website requirements or not.
- Hosting Plan: It could be possible that you were using a shared hosting plan since the beginning of your website. But as your website needs grow gradually, there would be certainly a need to update your hosting plan with an upgraded version. This will help you in getting more resources than before.
- File Types and Sizes: Larger your file size is, longer it will take to load in the browser. So, you need to minimize your code and optimize image formats and sizes in order to keep files small.
- Plugins: The most unnoticed thing that happens on the website is the usage of plugins. Having multiple and unnecessary plugins on the website, or using plugins which aren’t optimized can directly slow your website down. So, you need to filter out the plugins you use and try using well-coded plugins.
- Browser: The browser you use has a direct impact on the website speed while loading pages. If you are using older versions, you will surely face slow loading speed. To experience better speed, you need to ensure that you use the up-to-date versions of your browser.
- Traffic Volume: If your website is having a high traffic volume, that’s good news. But if you aren't having a host with a bandwidth that can accommodate that, you will have to face major challenges including slower website speed. At this stage again, you need to upgrade your hosting plan.
Is your website slow?
If you feel that your website is slow and you need to work upon it, no worries. Follow the above tips and definitely, it'll help you out. And in case you feel that your hosting plan is demanding an upgrade, check our advanced hosting plans.