Cloud Computing has opened up extraordinary roads of online collaboration at any time, anywhere on earth. In this world without borders, contemplations of the location of your data center seem insignificant and even counter-intuitive. Be that as it may, localized web-hosting is still very relevant to SEO and critical for user experience. When a user loads or opens a website, it goes from the data center of its host to the client by means of a section of interconnected systems which is known as the internet.
To reach the user's computer, the data is transferred through the speediest, most-productive way of networks within the internet. While a great number of networks have begun utilizing fiber-optic cables that are fit for transferring data approximately at the speed of light (3 x 10^8 m/s). When the data is transferred at that speed, for every 1000 kilometers traveled, the client may just experience 10 milliseconds delay which is negligible in user experience.
Impact of Localized Web-Hosting on Speed
The area of your website's server directly impacts the speed of your website. The closer your visitors are to your website's data center, the speedier your website loads for them. The time a server takes to receive and process a request from a visitor is known as its latency. In situations where the server is situated on a different continent from the user, latency is known to increase and influence page load time adversely.
Some facts about website speed you must know:
- Firefox research showed that a 2.2-second improvement in Page Speed will lead to a 15% increase in conversions. 1-second delay in page load time can cause a 7% decrease in the conversion rate of your e-commerce website.
- Amazon calculated that a page slowdown of just 1 second could cost it $1.6 billion in sales each year. 0% of the visitors will abandon your website after 3 seconds.
- Google has calculated that by slowing its search results by just four-tenths of a second, they could lose 8 million searches per day.
Did you know that jiWebHosting has its servers in Singapore, London, US, and many other locations which allow our clients' visitors to experience 10X faster speed among all the other benefits of hosting locally including low latency and quicker load times?
Impact of Localized Web-Hosting on SEO
Google considers page load speed of a website to be of paramount importance for search engine rankings as faster load time of a website ensures better user experience. Therefore, IP geolocation and server location are crucial considerations for a website to enhance its chances of ranking on SERP.
- The Physical locations of your website's data center directly impact your website speed.
- The loading speed of your website influences your performance on Search Engine results.
- With local hosting, you can make hassle-free payments in your currency.
- Each time a user opens your website, they will face a lot less loading time and have a lower latency if your server is situated in a nearer location.