Shared web hosting is the most common form of hosting services available in the industry. Dues it's cost-effective and user-friendly nature, it is the most preferred hosting option by those establishing their business. Shared web hosting is the kind of web hosting in which multiple sites are hosted by a single physical server. The resources on a server are utilized by many users. This reduces the hosting cost to a considerable amount.
Each customer on the shared server gets access to features like databases, monthly traffic, disk space, email accounts, FTP accounts, etc. Every website on the server is assigned a limited amount of total server resources. The percentage of resources attained by a website on the shared server is determined by the hosting plan chosen by the user.
Also, read to know the things you should know before investing in web hosting.
Does Your Shared Web Host Take These Points Into Consideration?
- Turbo Server Option: A good host will provide you an option for hosting your website on turbo servers. They facilitate enhanced website speed, have fewer users on each Turbo server and every Turbo user has more resources allocated to their account. The page downloading speed of the website is increased 20 times using the Turbo server.
- Solid State Drives(SSDs): Enquire if your host offers solid state drives. SSDs enhance the speed by 300%. They use flash technology to access the data, unlike traditional hard disk drives that use spinning disks. Flash technology is more compact, lighter and most importantly improves the performance of your website.
- Choice of Data Center Locations: Ask your host about the data center options available. A competent host would offer you to centralize your data at the place nearest to your targeted visitors to reduce latency. Ensure that your hosting provider extends data center options located around the globe.
- Content Delivery Network: Before availing the shared web hosting services, know if your host is providing a free content delivery network(CDN) to route your traffic through the global network. CDN offers a large number of worldwide data centers. It is able to access the fastest, most efficient route from these data centers back to your web server than would otherwise be available to your visitors.
- Anycast DNS: When you type a domain name, traditional DNS translates the domain name into the IP address and locates the website. The DNS record is located on the DNS server found in one location. If you have a visitor from another location, it might take some time for that DNS server and your visitor's computer to communicate with each other. This may slow down the page loading speed. Anycast DNS resolves this issue. It copies your DNS record on the network of global servers.
Qualities That Make The Shared Web Hosting Provider A Suitable One
- Reliability: Reliability is one of the major factors that make the hosting provider efficient. A reliable host ensures the maximum uptime of your website and uses the best hardware, networks, data centers, software and techniques to ensure that servers run at optimal performance.
- Account Management: Make sure that the hosting provider company offers easy management of your hosting account. Your Shared Hosting account should include the user-friendly cPanel control panel. cPanel offers the following features for the account management:
- File management
- Database administration - Easily manage your MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin
- Domain administration - Create and edit subdomains as well as manage your account's addon domains
- Email - Add email accounts, set up forwarders, manage your email lists and more
- Statistics - Includes Awstats, Webalizer and more
- Server Support For The Best Software: Your shared server should be able to lend its support to the software used on your website for better performance. That means you wouldn't have to fumble around with downloading and uploading install files or hire a developer to help you get the software you want.
- Shared Hosting Plans: The most important factor to consider in your hosting services is affordable and compatible shared hosting plans. The hosting plans should also be scalable in order to meet your future requirements.
Looking For Coherent Shared Web Hosting Services?
Are you planning to start a website for your business and looking for a trustworthy company to avail of the shared web hosting services? jiWebHosting is the most vigorous hosting provider that not only ensures high performance of your website but also safeguards the website from various threats. Contact us to get more details about our hosting services.